Sweets for your Sweetie
February 14th, Valentines Day. The day of love and romance. Make these simple homemade Strawberry Cream Puffs then add some chocolates, candlelight and your favorite bubbly to create a fabulous valentines treat guaranteed to get your Valentine’s heart beating. Enjoy!
1 C. flour
3.5 oz. milk
3.5 oz. water
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
5 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 C. heavy cream
1/3 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Fresh strawberries, cut into slices
- In a saucepan bring the milk, water, sugar, salt and butter to boil.
- Remove your pan from the heat and add the flour all at once and mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are mixed well together.
- Place pan back on the heat on cook while stirring for 1 or 2 more minutes to remove moisture. The cream puff dough will pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer batter to a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool slightly. Add the eggs one at a time mixing with your wooden spoon.The batter will be smooth and be able to hold its shape.
- Fit a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch round tip and pipe the dough into 1 1/2 inch circles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Add your sheet to a 350 degree preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and puffed.
- Prick each cream puff on the underneath with a skewer to release the steam and cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer until it forms a stiff peak. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Cut the cream puffs in half. Fill the bottom half with the cream mixture, top with strawberries and add the top half of the cream puff to the cream.Dust with powdered sugar and serve.